Nutmeg Statewide PTA
NUTMEG STATEWIDE PTA (NSPTA) was chartered by Connecticut PTA on February 9, 1989 with a grant from National PTA and fifteen founding members.
This statewide unit was established to provide a PTA vehicle for those who are interested in statewide issues affecting the health, education and welfare of children and youth. In 1998, CT PTA named NSPTA, as it’s official statewide unit.
NSPTA Officers (2009-11)
President: Carol P. Duggan (Fairfield)
Vice President: Debi Schatzle Baker (Waterbury)
Secretary: Grace M. Terita (Trumbull)
∞ Goals of NSPTA
∞ Why Belong to NSPTA?
∞ Who Belongs to NSPTA?
∞ FAQs About NSPTA
∞ How Do I Join?
∞ NSPTA History (NEW!)
∞ NSPTA Scholarship Awards
∞ NSPTA Distinguished Leadership Citation
∞ Give to the NSPTA Endowment Fund
∞ NSPTA News
∞ Nutmeg Statewide PTA Newsletter
∞ NSPTA Meeting Minutes
- Conduct annual enrollment of members.
- Increase awareness of NSPTA through the CT PTA BULLETIN.
- Present the NSPTA Distinguished Leadership Citation each year at the Annual CT PTA convention.
- Provide an endowment to fund a scholarship to graduating senior(s) from PTA/PTSA high schools intending to enter a career in service to children.
HOW ARE THE GOALS OF NUTMEG STATEWIDE PTA ACCOMPLISHED?
- Through increased Membership.
- Through Memorials and Honoraria.
- Through Donations and Bequests.
CLICK HERE for gifts made to NSPTA during the past year
- Members NSPTA receive a membership card denoting that they are members of NSPTA and the 58,000+ member CT PTA and the 8 million+ member National PTA.
- Members have access to the vast resources of the National PTA in Chicago and Washington, D.C.
- Members have access to the staff and resources of the CT PTA in Hamden.
- Members receive the CT PTA Electronic Communiqué, CT PTA's electronic newsletter, CT PTA BULLETIN, the CT PTA newsletter, as well as the NSPTA News, the Nutmeg Statewide PTA newsletter.
- Members receive all CT PTA convention mailings.
- Members have access, through the office of the NSPTA president, to the brochures, videos, kits and other publications of both the CT PTA and National PTA.
- Members may subscribe, at the low members' rate, to the nationally recognized Our Children magazine, which includes the National PTA legislative bulletin What's Happening in Washington.
- Members have representation on the CT PTA Board of Directors through the NSPTA President.
- Members are invited to attend the Annual NSPTA Meeting held each year during the CT PTA Convention.
- Members, through their $20.00 membership, make a $15.25 contribution to the Endowment Fund, which is tax-deductible.
- Child Welfare Advocates
- Friends of Children and Youth
- Parents, Teachers, Administrators, Board of Education Members in towns and districts where there is no unit
- Educational Leaders, at the local and state level,
- Cafeteria workers
- School Nurses
- CT PTA Life Achievement Award recipients
- Past State Presidents
- Past and Present Members of the CT PTA Board of Directors
- State and National Legislators
- Child Advocates everywhere
- HOW DO I JOIN NSPTA?
To join just download and complete the membership form found on our website and send a check in the amount of $20.00 payable to NSPTA to the CT PTA Office. You will receive your membership card by return mail.
- MUST I HAVE SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN TO JOIN NSPTA?
No! Membership in NSPTA is open to all that are interested in the health, education and welfare of children and youth.
- WHEN DOES NSPTA MEET?
NSPTA meets once a year during the CT PTA Annual Convention. All members may attend the convention as voting delegates.
- MUST I LIVE IN CONNECTICUT TO BE A NSPTA MEMBER?
Absolutely not! NSPTA members live all over the country. Their membership demonstrates a continuing interest in Connecticut issues affecting children and youth.
- WILL MY NAME BE USED IN ANY WAY?
Absolutely not! But, NSPTA certainly hopes YOU will proudly let people know about your PTA affiliation.
- CAN I GIVE A NSPTA MEMBERSHIP AS A GIFT?
You most certainly can! Just download and complete the membership form found on our website and send a check in the amount of $20.00 payable to NSPTA to the CT PTA Office. A membership card and an acknowledgement of your gift will be sent to the recipient.
- HOW DO I MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO NSPTA IN MEMORY OF OR, IN TRIBUTE TO, ANOTHER PERSON?
Anyone wishing to make a contribution in memory or in tribute to a colleague, fellow PTAer or friend is asked to contact NSPTA at 203-281-6617 for more information. All contributions are acknowledged by NSPTA to the donor and recipient and in the CT PTA Bulletin, NSPTA News and on the CT PTA website. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. CLICK HERE for a list of past gifts/memorials given to NSPTA.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Membership fee is $20.00
You can also donate to NSPTA in various ways including giving a Gift, Memorial, Living Tribute, Thanksgiving, etc.
Contact the CT PTA office for more information, or download a membership form...
Download a membership form: NSPTA Membership Form
(click here if you need the Adobe® PDF reader)